Friday, January 28, 2011

The Flu, a Couple of Little Projects and a Question

 
I had this little cabinet that was really rather ugly....However, it was the perfect size to fit in a tiny alcove in my tiny entry.



I painted it red, roughed it up a little, and added a little gold glaze.  I think I will add a little curtain so I can hide away the shoes that are frequently kicked off here!

I have a slight attraction to finials...


I also added a shelf over these windows....I can't wait to really accessorize!  These windows have always been difficult to deal with...I think I will like this solution (for a while....)  
Okay...now for my question....My family room has extremely poor lighting. Okay, so that wasn't the question. It is coming after my explanation.  (Promise!)  The only light fixtures in the room are the fireplace accent lights.  Does anyone have an idea of fixtures I can put here to illuminate the room better?  (This is a first floor room....No attic access to move fixtures...)  Someday I hope to install beadboard ceilings so I can move fixture then....but until someday comes ?????
Oh...and the flu?  I had it.......NOT fun!
Linked to
FindingFabulous 
TheDIYShowoff

2 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love the red chest you painted. Not sure how to address your lighting problem accept for adding lamps in the room. Hope you will share your projects at my weekly party sometimes.

Vanessa said...

Hi there! I'm so thrilled that you found my Inspiration Friday party and joined in the fun this week! I absolutely love what you did with that cabinet and those finials are just gorgeous. :-) We had the same lighting problem in our old house. A fairly large room with the only recessed lighting being near the fireplace too. I had 2 lamps on a cabinet on the opposite side of the room and I added 2 more on the shelving we put in on either side of the fireplace. Why do builders do that? You can tell they just aren't thinking! I hope you will keep linking up your great projects in the future!
Vanessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...